How to Prepare for and Purchase the CLEP Exam
- Step 1: Choose and purchase exams through "My Account." Purchase exams 24/7 through the "My Account" portal.
- Step 2: Schedule exam day. Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID, but you must contact the Testing Center at NVCC to schedule the date and time you wish to take the exam. Register here or below. Check the CLEP Spring 2019 Brochure for exam dates. In addition to the $87 exam fee (increased fee effective July 1, 2018), NVCC charges a $15 nonrefundable administration fee paid directly to the Bursar's office.
Exam fees for military candidates are funded by Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES). Military candidates are required to pay the $15 administration fee.
Exam fees for Veterans must be paid in advance when registering on My Account, but you can claim reimbursement for CLEP exam and administration fee under the Veterans’ Benefits Improvement Act of 2004.
- Step 3: Prepare! Several study materials and resources are available to help you prepare for CLEP exam(s). More in-depth materials, which include CLEP Exam Guides and The Official CLEP Study Guide, are available for purchase. For $10, you can purchase and download an individual subject study guide. View the CLEP tutorial video and become familiar with the testing tools, the types of examination questions and the types of calculators that will appear. Prepare today at https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-preparation. Or, visit the Max R. Traurig Library in the L Building 4th and 5th floors.
- Step 4: On the day of the exam, you'll need to bring:
- CLEP Exam Registration Ticket.
- Proof of payment of the $15 test administration fee.
- One form of valid and acceptable government-issued photo identification.
- Military test-takers bring your Geneva Convention Identification Card. Refer to https://clep.collegeboard.org/military for additional information on IDs for active duty members, spouses, and civil service civilian employees.