The One Book program is sponsored by the Office of the President, the Office of Academic Affairs, and the Max R. Traurig Library. Book selections and programming are organized by a committee of faculty, staff, and student members.
NVCC's 2019-20 committee members are:
- Jaime Hammond, MLS, Director of Library Services (co-chair)
- Sam Johnson, Center for Academic Planning and Student Success
- Louis Lombard, faculty, English
- Anne Mattrella, faculty, Modern Languages
- Beatrice Paulin, NVCC student
- Julia Petitfrere, faculty, English
- Elma Solomon, faculty, Accounting
- Kathy Taylor, faculty, Legal Assistant/Paralegal
- Antony Wormack, Center for Job Placement and College Opportunities
The One Book One College committee is comprised of NVCC faculty, staff, and students. Choices are made based on the following criteria: books that will “stir discussion” and be enjoyable to read but also stress literary value, diverse perspectives, relationship to contemporary events, and appropriate rigor for the entire community. Nominations are always welcome- simply email any of the committee members with your ideas!