Taking Public Transporation to NVCC
Connecticut Transit Bus Service
Waterbury Bus Schedules
NVCC Bus Number is 442.
Danbury Bus Schedules
- Students taking credit courses are eligible to receive Bus Passes. NVRides passes for the Spring 2018 semester will be available on January 2, 2018.Stop by the Bursar's Office with a valid NVCC student ID to pick up your pass.
- New! Transportation link between Danbury and Waterbury Campuses. $2 per one-way ticket for students registered for credit courses. Details here.
- Bus passes may be obtained by visiting the Bursar's Office, Kinney Hall 5th Floor in Waterbury or the Administrative Offices in Danbury.
Today, a combination of rail services can bring you to Waterbury. Amtrak from points north and south connect to local service in Bridgeport, just 30 minutes away. The Metro-North commuter rail also adds frequent trips from New York's Grand Central Terminal to Bridgeport, again providing connections to Waterbury.
Metro-North departs from New York City's Grand Central Terminal and will transport you to Bridgeport, where you connect via rail or bus to Waterbury.
Take Amtrak from any major East Coast city to Bridgeport - just 30 minutes from Waterbury. Approximate travel times to Bridgeport by rail are:
- Boston MA (3 hours)
- Providence RI (2 hours, 15 minutes)
- New York NY (1 hour, 10 minutes)
- Philadelphia PA (2 hours, 45 minutes)
- Washington, D.C. (4 hours, 35 minutes)
Bradley International Airport
Prospective students and parents who are visiting the Admissions' Office should park in Lot C at Kinney Hall in spaces marked "visitor parking." This area is reserved on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm.