Benefits of advising
Academic advising is an important part of your educational and academic success. You should meet with your assigned advisor each semester to ensure that you are taking the correct courses for your major or program. Other benefits of advising include:
- learning about other majors and programs certificates offered at NVCC
- setting goals for school and your career
- preparing to transfer for your bachelor’s degree
- receiving tips on how to succeed academically, in and out of the classroom
- accessing helpful resources, on and off campus.
Find your advisor
Your advisor is assigned to you according to your major. Most advisors will see you in their office by appointment. If you aren't sure who your advisor is:
- Log on to myCommNet
- Click for instructions on how to find your advisor in myCommNet click for instructions or watch this video
- Check the list of advisors for those linked to your major.
- Stop by to see us in the Center for Academic Planning & Student Success (CAPSS) in Kinney Hall, Room K520.
- Email us