All NVCC courses resume online beginning Monday, March 23, and will continue that way through the rest of the semester. You should receive e-mails and announcements from your professors that let you know how they will be using Blackboard and possibly other technology to teach your classes. Remember, we want you to succeed! So please reach out to your professor if you need any support. Please log into Blackboard as soon as possible to prepare for online learning. Instructions for logging into Blackboard can be found here.
How to contact tech support to continue your studies online:
- Blackboard help desk- 24/7 help for students with Blackboard by calling 860-723-0221. Afternoons and nights may have longer wait times as less staff is available.
- The CSCU online helpdesk has multiple resources for you including an online chat or phone support 860-723-0221
- A service ticket can be submitted by sending an email to: NV-ServiceDesk@nv.edu Note:This must be done from your college email.
- Contact Distance Learning staff if you need more help: Carrie Horvath at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lew Boyce at Lboyce@nv.edu
Any questions about course content (deadlines, homework/quiz/assignment questions, etc.) should go directly to your professor. Search for individual faculty and staff contacts in our employee directory or in Blackboard. Please note that email will be the quickest and most efficient way to reach people at this time.
Follett Bookstore is supporting our faculty and students during this time by offering:
- FREE Online Shipping Offer: Visit the NVCC George D. Yonan Memorial Bookstore website for Free Shipping on all items with no minimum purchase. This includes various formats of course materials, supplies, apparel, technology and more.
- Access to eBooks at NO Additional Charge: Visit the NVCC George D. Yonan Memorial Bookstore website to gain access to eBooks at no additional charge with your .edu email address. You can access up to 7 eBooks for the designated period free of charge.
- FREE Access to Lumen Learning OER Courseware: Lumen Learning, Follett’s Open Educational Resources (OER) partner, is offering FREE access to courseware to help supplement content, and offer additional resources to faculty, click here for the Lumen offer.
- FREE Shipping on Rental Returns & Deadline Extensions: The NVCC George D. Yonan Memorial Bookstore is offering free shipping return labels and is also extending the non-return period without penalty to assist with increased returns by mail. Click MORE + in the top right-hand corner of our bookstore’s website for Follett's COVID-19 message. Detailed information about the processes may also be found in the Frequently Asked Questions.
has joined leading publishers to help ensure students can continue to access quality digital course materials due to a recent and rapid campus shift to distance-learning. Get FREE course materials and textbooks here
Free student-use software downloads:
- Office 365: Every active student can install a copy of Microsoft Office 365 suite (word,excel, powerpoint, etc) on up to five (5) personal computers. You will need to sign into office.com with your NetID. Instructions to access Office 365
- Creative Cloud: Adobe has provided temporary at-home access to Creative Cloud suite to students impacted by COVID-19, so that you can continue working remotely. Instructions to download Creative Cloud
Other technical support: