Applying to NVCC as a Veteran

Applying to NVCC as a Veteran in Three Steps

We are excited that you have chosen to be a part of Naugatuck Valley Community College's vibrant and caring veteran student community. We are here to help guide you through the VA and NVCC Admissions process. We strongly encourage you to visit the Veterans’ Affairs office at NVCC for help filling out either application or to discuss your GI Bill benefits and other VA benefits that may apply. At NVCC we'll help pair you with the skills you need to take part in Connecticut’s economy. Our friendly atmosphere and flexible programs provide an opportunity to find and pursue rewarding areas of study in over 100 degree and certificate programs. You can choose to complete an associates degree, pursue a certificate or earn credits that may be transferred to UConn, the Connecticut State Universities, and other fine colleges and universities in our area.

Let’s get started…

Step One

Step One-Vist our Office and Apply for the GI Bill: 

Visit the Veterans’ Affairs Office in Person

We are located in the Financial Aid office in Kinney Hall, Room K512

Apply Online at

Click on ‘applying for benefits’ to complete the GI BILL application

Learn More

Step Two

Step Two-Complete NVCC's Admissions Application

You will need to provide to the Admissions office proof of high school completion, immunizations, and previous college transcripts.
Apply to NVCC.

Step Three

Step Three-Apply for Financial Aid

    As a veteran, you may also wish to apply for financial aid to determine PELL grant eligibility.  In order to do this, you must first obtain an FSA ID  through the Department of Education's Federal Student Aid page. Your FSA ID is a username and password that you will use to sign the FAFSA application. When doing so, you'll need to access and use your tax return from two years prior to the year you're applying for, (for example, if you are completing the 2017-18 FAFSA you will be required to use information from your 2015 federal tax return; when completing the 2018-19 FAFSA, you'll be asked to provide your 2016 tax information).

    If you have any questions about applying for financial aid, don't hesitate to contact NVCC's financial aid office

Veteran Contacts

Veteran's Affairs Contacts

Debbie DiCicco
Financial Aid Assistant, VA Certifying Official, Wtby/Dnby Campus
Veterans with last name A-L
203-575-8006 (p)
203-575-8157 (f)
Room: K512
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
Johanis Ayala
Interim Financial Aid Assistant, VA Certifying Official, Wtby/Dnby Campus
Veterans with last name M - Z
203-596-2188 (p)
203-575-8157 (f)
Room: K512
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708

Students With Disabilities

If you are a veteran with a documented disability and may require accommodations, contact Terry Latella, counselor of Disability Services at 203.596-8608, or stop by her office, located in K519C. If you require accommodations, stop by the Disability Services Office as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made prior to the start of the semester.

Test Scores
Immunization Information
Transcript Information
International Student Transcript Information
Immunization Information
Proof of English Proficiency Test Information
Our History
Project Approach
The Hundred Languages of Children
Waterbury Campus
Danbury Campus
Waterbury Campus
Danbury Campus
title here
Net Price Calculator