Financial Aid and Your Bill
Financial Aid & Your Bill

Financial Aid and Your Bill

Award Amounts

Your financial aid award is determined based on the results of your FAFSA. Awards are granted for a full academic year (fall through spring) and are based on full-time enrollment (12 credit hours or more). If a student registers for only one semester and/or less than full time, the award amount will prorate accordingly.


Student awarded $5,000 for the year ($2,500 per semester).

Enrolls for six credits in fall and six credits in spring.

Fall funds paid = $1,250; Spring funds paid = $1,250; TOTAL = $2,500

Student Bill

Your student bill is calculated and maintained by the Bursar’s Office. It can include tuition, fees, and purchases from the book store, etc
You will have a bill with the college if:
    • You have not completed a financial aid application;
    • Your bill exceeds your financial aid award;
    • You are denied financial aid due to not meeting eligibility requirements;
    • Your financial aid was revoked due to our policies.

All unpaid bills will be reported to a collection agency. A hold will also be placed on your account. In the event of a hold, no student records (including transcripts) will be released.

Those students with a balance remaining, or who do not qualify for financial aid, may choose to take advantage of the college’s installment payment plan. The plan is available to students who are registered for a minimum of six (6) semester hours. Students may apply for an installment payment plan on the day after the semester’s tuition is due.

1098-T Form

1098-T Form

The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 provides a tax benefit available to students who have incurred qualified expenses for higher education. To assist you in the determination of eligibility for an education credit, Naugatuck Valley Community College provides the 1098-T form. The 2016 1098-T form is now available from myCommNet. To obtain a copy of the form please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions regarding this form please call the Bursar’s Office at 203-575-8055.  Note: If you receive Financial Aid and it exceeds the amount that you were billed for, you will NOT be eligible to receive a 1098-T form.

  1. Log into myCommNet
  2. Click: “Student” tab
  3. Click: “Student Self-Service”
  4. Click: “Financial Aid”
  5. Click: “My Financial Services”
  6. Click: “Tax Notifications”
  7. Put in specific year
  8. You will then be directed to your 1098-T form

Refund Policy

Refund Policy

Fall/Spring Refund Policy for General Fund Courses

  • Definition of a General Fund course: 

Any credit course offered during the fall and spring semesters with the exception of Late Start courses.
When registering for courses, students pay a non-refundable deposit equal to the total fees for their courses.

Students must notify the Registrar (in person/ email/fax) in order to request a tuition refund. A full refund (100%) of tuition and lab usage fees only will be granted if notice is made to the Registrar of course cancellation or reduced course load by the deadline listed for each session in the College Admissions and Enrollment Guide or on the College Academic Calendar.  (online/email/fax/scan). For notice of reduced course load received after the listed deadline, a 50% refund of tuition and lab usage fees only will be granted. In either case, College services, student activity and clinical program fees are neither refundable nor reducible unless the changes are due to course cancellations. No refund will be granted for notices of withdrawal or reduced course load received after the add/drop period listed has passed. Refund checks will be sent from the board office directly to the student. Policy assumes the student is paid in full at the time of withdrawal.

    • Refund Policy for Extension Fund (Late Start) Courses: 

    If the College cancels a course, students receive a full refund of all tuition and service fees. A student who drops a credit extension course prior to its first scheduled meeting will receive a full refund of tuition only, provided that the student officially drops the class prior to or on the last business day before the first class meeting. If the student officially withdraws on the day of the first class meeting or after, there is no refund and the student will receive a “W” on his/her transcript.

    Tuition and fees are subject to change by the Board of Regents for Higher Education.

      Test Scores
      Immunization Information
      Transcript Information
      International Student Transcript Information
      Immunization Information
      Proof of English Proficiency Test Information
      Our History
      Project Approach
      The Hundred Languages of Children
      Waterbury Campus
      Danbury Campus
      Waterbury Campus
      Danbury Campus
      title here
      Net Price Calculator
      Testing Module Element