those interested in learning the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful as the administrative hub of the medical office setting and perform the many essential functions of a Medical Administrative Assistant.
Medical Administrative Assistants utilize their knowledge of medical terminology and health care delivery models to perform a number of administrative functions. They may work in a variety of roles and locations with job titles ranging from health unit coordinator or medical office specialist to medical secretary.
- Microsoft Essentials or coordinator approval
- Patient Confidentiality
- Customer Service and Communication in Health Care
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Administrative Assistant
Students must complete all of the above courses at NVCC to be awarded the Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) Proficiency Certificate.
The program is offered in 3 options. Students may choose the package that best fits their learning needs and personal commitments.
- The MAA Full Package provides students with an accelerated schedule with all required course components. This is the most economical option and is offered at a reduced tuition cost.
- The MAA Package Without Microsoft Essentials is an accelerated schedule of all the required courses except Microsoft Essentials. This program is designed for students that already possess strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications. (Approval of the Program Coordinator is required for registration in this section.) This option also offers some tuition cost reduction over taking the courses on an individual basis.
- The MAA Program taken as individual components. The student chooses the individual courses and schedule that meets their needs best.
If you have questions about which option is best for you, please contact the program coordinator for assistance.
Conveniently offered at our Waterbury and Danbury Campuses.