Taking Public Transporation to NVCC
Using Connecticut Transit Bus Service
Bus Passes & Waterbury to Danbury Link
Transportation link between Danbury and Waterbury Campuses. $2 per one-way ticket for students registered for credit courses.
- Fall, 2019 bus passes: Are you registered for the Fall 2019 Semester, and have you paid your student activity fee? If so, you're eligible for a FREE Bus Pass, good for the entire semester. Bus passes will be avaialbe to pick up once Fall 2019 classes begin at the Bursar's Office, located in Kinney Hall 5th Floor in Waterbury or the Administrative Offices on the Danbury campus.
Important information about transportation between the Danbury & Waterbury Campuses:
- Go to Peter Pan's website to check on M-F schedules.
- Tickets may be purchased M-F between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the Waterbury Campus from the Bursar's Office, K508, or from the desk at the first floor entrance at the Danbury Campus.
- You are purchasing a reserved seat on the bus. If you have a class you must purchase in advance to guarantee a seat on that bus at the time your class requires.
- When travelling to Waterbury the bus goes to the green downtown. You need to change to the local bus route at the downtown green to get to the College. This requires a local bus pass which may be obtained from the Bursar's Office in Kinney Hall K508.
- Tickets may be purchased using all major credit cards. Tickets are non-refundable.
Today, a combination of rail services can bring you to Waterbury. Amtrak from points north and south connect to local service in Bridgeport, just 30 minutes away. The Metro-North commuter rail also adds frequent trips from New York's Grand Central Terminal to Bridgeport, again providing connections to Waterbury.
Metro-North departs from New York City's Grand Central Terminal and will transport you to Bridgeport, where you connect via rail or bus to Waterbury.
Take Amtrak from any major East Coast city to Bridgeport - just 30 minutes from Waterbury. Approximate travel times to Bridgeport by rail are:
- Boston, MA (3 hours)
- Providence, RI (2 hours, 15 minutes)
- New York, NY (1 hour, 10 minutes)
- Philadelphia, PA (2 hours, 45 minutes)
- Washington, D.C. (4 hours, 35 minutes)
Bradley International Airport
Prospective students and parents who are visiting the Admissions' Office should park in Lot C at Kinney Hall in spaces marked "visitor parking." This area is reserved on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm.