Taking Public Transporation to NVCC
Connecticut Transit Bus Service
Waterbury Bus Schedules
NVCC Bus Number is 442.
Danbury Bus Schedules
- Fall 2018 bus passes: Are you registered for the Fall 2018 Semester, and have you paid your student activity fee? If so, you're eligible for a FREE Bus Pass, good for the entire semester. While bus passes will be available to pick up at the Busar's office in September, beginning on August 20th, you can show your NVCC ID to board the bus. In September, students will receive a notification through their college email address when bus passes become available for pick up at the Bursar's Office, located in Kinney Hall 5th Floor in Waterbury or the Administrative Offices on the Danbury campus.
- New! Transportation link between Danbury and Waterbury Campuses. $2 per one-way ticket for students registered for credit courses. Details here.
Today, a combination of rail services can bring you to Waterbury. Amtrak from points north and south connect to local service in Bridgeport, just 30 minutes away. The Metro-North commuter rail also adds frequent trips from New York's Grand Central Terminal to Bridgeport, again providing connections to Waterbury.
Metro-North departs from New York City's Grand Central Terminal and will transport you to Bridgeport, where you connect via rail or bus to Waterbury.
Take Amtrak from any major East Coast city to Bridgeport - just 30 minutes from Waterbury. Approximate travel times to Bridgeport by rail are:
- Boston MA (3 hours)
- Providence RI (2 hours, 15 minutes)
- New York NY (1 hour, 10 minutes)
- Philadelphia PA (2 hours, 45 minutes)
- Washington, D.C. (4 hours, 35 minutes)
Bradley International Airport
Prospective students and parents who are visiting the Admissions' Office should park in Lot C at Kinney Hall in spaces marked "visitor parking." This area is reserved on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm.