Choosing a career, planning your career development and increasing your job satisfaction is an ongoing process. As you pursue your goals, speaking with a trained counselor can help.
Career planning is a decision-making process that involves:
- understanding your interests, needs and values
- discovering what you want to do
- exploring what opportunities are available
- developing a plan of action.
If you are ready to start planning your career, you can:
- make an appointment to speak with your counselor.
- consider exploring your career options by taking one of several interest inventories and discussing them with your Counselor or Academic Advisor.
- visit the Job Placement Center in Room L524 on the 5th Floor next to the Library or give them a call at 203-575-8158.
- check out this extensive list of Career Resources, which includes helpful tools such as job search engines, internship databases and resume guides.