NVCC Mentoring Program
The mentoring program at NVCC provides students/mentees with the opportunity to work one-on-one with a faculty or staff member from the College. The purpose of the program is to match participating students with a mentor who can help guide and direct the student on the path to success in his or her chosen field.
The mentor and mentee should dedicate at least 2 hours each month for the program to be successful. Mentors are used a resource to help students feel comfortable with and knowledgeable about the academic system. Mentors also connect students to the multiple services available on campus.
- pass along their experience and knowledge.
- gain stronger understanding of the needs of the next generation
- play an important role in the success of a student
- show commitment to NVCC and the betterment of the student body
- share work experiences and knowledge of their profession with the mentees
- Learn from mentees and gain stronger understanding of the challenges students face and how they deal with these challenges
- Receive the eNewsletter, Mentoring Minute
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact CAPSS at 203-575-8025 or email Terry Latella or Sam Johnson. No experience is necessary - we will train you!