Welcome academic advisors!
Here you can access all of your resources.
Your current list of Advisees is accessible from your Banner Web "myCommnet.edu" faculty service account
Advising - Course Progression
Academic advisors can download the most current academic advising forms.
View the current and back issues of the CAPSS eNewsletter for Academic Advisors.
March 13, 2015
NVCC Mentoring Program
The mentoring program at NVCC provides students/mentees with the opportunity to work one-on-one with a faculty or staff member from the College. The purpose of the program is to match participating students with a mentor who can help guide and direct the student on the path to success in his or her chosen field.
The mentor and mentee should dedicate at least 2 hours each month for the program to be successful. Mentors are used a resource to help students feel comfortable with and knowledgeable about the academic system. Mentors also connect students to the multiple services available on campus.
- pass along their experience and knowledge.
- gain stronger understanding of the needs of the next generation.
- play an important role in the success of a student.
- show commitment to NVCC and the betterment of the student body.
- share work experiences and knowledge of their profession with the mentees.
- learn from mentees and gain stronger understanding of the challenges students face and how they deal with these challenges.
- receive the eNewsletter, Mentoring Minute.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please contact CAPSS at 203-575-8025 or email Terry Latella or Sam Johnson. No experience is necessary - we will train you!