Center for Academic Planning & Student Success (CAPSS)
The Center for Academic Planning & Student Success (CAPSS) believes that each learner has unique value and is entitled to be viewed as a whole person. Our professional counselors can help you with personal growth counseling, career development and academic development.
Your academic advisor will help you to:
- understand your major and its requirements
- plan courses for the upcoming term(s)
- consider career and job options for your major.
We will help you:
- discuss your academic issues and dilemmas
- make your life, career, and education decisions
- develop better self-confidence
- manage your stress
- alleviate other personal barriers to your success in college
- find referrals to outside agencies as needed.
If you are interested in transferring from NVCC to another college or university, we will help you:
- acquire information about transferring through individual counseling
- consider guaranteed admission programs
- look at transfer articulations with other colleges
- meet transfer counselors from other colleges and universities
- create a personalized pathway to earning a four-year degree.
Are you ready to start planning your career? You can: