NASA Connecticut Space Grant Consortium Opportunities. The NASA Connecticut Space Grant Consortium has three opportunities available for NVCC students for Spring 2017:
- $1,500 Community College Scholarship
- Summer Technical Internship ($6,000)
- $5,000 Community College Transfer Scholarship for students that have already transferred to a 4-year university.
- Major in a STEM field or be able to demonstrate that your career interests relate to a STEM field
- Full-time student in the Spring 2017 semester or be part-time, but complete your program requirements in the Spring 2017 semester
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- You must be a United States citizen and be able to verify this by showing a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, a U.S. Passport, a Military ID Card, or a Naturalization Certificate.
For information on how to apply for these opportunities, please contact Dr. Peter Angelastro, STEM Division Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Space Grant Scholarship or Internship" as the subject line. Applications Due Tuesday, February 7 at 12:00 pm
President to President Scholarships. Each year NVCC graduates who meet certain eligibility requirements, can apply for a number of President to President Scholarships in order to assist them as they pursue their education at one of the four year colleges or universities listed below:
- Central Connecticut State University
- Charter Oak State College
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Western Connecticut State University
- University of Connecticut Waterbury
- University of Hartford
- NVCC is also offering a Connecticut Community College Partner Scholarship to The University of Saint Joseph.
All portfolios are due by 5:00 pm on February 24, 2017 and must be delivered to room K520 to be considered. Late portfolios will not be accepted. To check on eligibility, requirements and details, please download the application.
Connecticut Tourism Industry 2017 Scholarships/Grants is offering two scholarships to students pursuing a tourism or hospitality degree program. Completed applications forms must be received by March 30, 2017. To check eligibility requirements and details please download the information sheet and application.
Connecticut Association Of Latinos in Higher Education, Inc. is offering scholarships to Latino students in Connecticut in two categories. The first is for High School Seniors or individuals with a GED equivalent. The second is for current undergraduate college students. For criteria and eligibility requirements, download the 2016-2017 application. Application must be postmarked by May 5, 2017.
Connecticut Community Foundation Community College Scholarship. As one of the largest college scholarship providers in Greater Waterbury and the Litchfield Hills, the Connecticut Community Foundation awards scholarships to hundreds of students each year. Most scholarship awards are renewable for up to four years.
Visit www.conncf.org/scholarships to view the list of scholarships and their criteria—and then apply.
• February 15, 2017 for students wishing to renew their scholarships
• March 15, 2017 for first-time applicants
Students residing in one of the following towns are eligible:
Beacon Falls, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Cheshire, Goshen, Litchfield, Middlebury, Morris, Naugatuck, New Milford, Oxford, Prospect, Roxbury, Southbury, Thomaston, Warren, Washington, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Woodbury.
Eversource Energy is providing five $2,000 scholarships to new full-time students of Naugatuck Valley Community College who are majoring in Electronic Engineering Technology. To be eligible, students must be entering the College in the Fall 2017 semester and qualify to take College Alegbra (MAT172) and English Composition (ENG101) based on placement testing or SAT/ACT scores. Students interested in applying for the scholarship are encouraged to contact NVCC STEM Enrollment/Retention Specialist Deirdre D’Amore at 203-575-8014 or Ddamore@nv.edu. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all remaining scholarships have been awarded.
The Rivera Memorial Foundation, Inc., Deadline: Friday, December 9, 2016
Best Hospitality Degrees Scholarship, Deadlines: November 30 and April 30 of each year
Connecticut Association of Latinos in Higher Education Scholarship, Deadline: August 10, 2017
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program, Deadline: June 12, 2017
Transfer Scholarship Opportunities for students graduating NVCC in Spring 2017 and transferring to a 4-year institution to complete a bachelor's degree:
All-USA & All Connecticut Acadmeic Team (and five other) FALL TRANSFER Scholarships,
Deadline: December 1, 2016 5:00 pm
Apply (This common application offers seven scholarship opportunities.)
Other scholarship sites