Policies are set by the Connecticut Board of Regents. Refund checks will be sent from the Board of Regents directly to the student. Policy assumes the student is paid in full at the time of withdrawal. Refund requests will be accepted in the Records office:
- in writing
- by fax at 203-575-8085
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund requests are not accepted by phone.
Spring 2014 refund for credit courses
- 100% Refund – Only if you drop your course before the beginning of the semester; the last day for 100% refund is January 21, 2014.
- 50% Refund – When you drop courses between Tues., January 22 and Tues., February 4, 2014.
- No refund will be granted for reduced course load after Tuesday, February 4, 2014.
Fall 2013 refunds for credit courses
- You are entitled to 100% refund of tuition and lab (usage) fees for notices of reduced course load received in the Records Office before Tuesday, August 27.
- You are entitled to 50% refund of tuition and lab (usage) fees for notices of reduced course load received between Wednesday, August 28 - Tuesday, September 10.
Financial Aid/Loan refunds will be processed in October 2013. Please make sure your contact or direct deposit information is accurate in the system. Call 203-596-8625 if you haven’t receive your refund check by the end of October.
Late start classes, summer and winter semesters
You are entitled to 100% refund of total tuition and lab (usage) fees for notices of reduced course load received in the Records Office the day before the semester begins. NO refund will be granted for notices after the beginning of classes.
Non-Credit Lifelong Learning students
Requests for refunds must be received in writing three business days prior to the start of the class unless stated otherwise in the course description. Refunds are not granted after this deadline.
Please Mail to:
Naugatuck Valley Community College
Non-Credit Refunds at Non-credit Lifelong Learning Registration
Kinney Hall, Room K404
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
If there is a course cancellation due to insufficient enrollment, students will be notified by phone, letter and/or email. Please make sure when registering that your contact information is up-to-date. We would like to offer you the opportunity to transfer to another section, if available, or to another class of your choosing. If we have not heard from you within 7 business days, a refund will be processed. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. The person registered in our records system is the person who will receive the refund. When registering for a coupon course, cancellation of one class voids the discounted price.