After You've Applied
Please remember that:
- Completing the FAFSA application does not guarantee that your financial aid is in place. You must follow your financial aid status at myCommnet.edu to be sure all requirements have been met.
- You must make payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office at the time of registration if you have not received your financial aid award at that time. Classes can only be held for 24 hours with no financial aid or payment in place.
- Completion of the FAFSA does not guarantee that all costs incurred at Naugatuck Valley will be covered by a financial aid award. You must be prepared to make other payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office should this occur.
- Signed FAFSA applications will be processed and reviewed in the order they are received at the financial aid office. Unsigned or incomplete FAFSA applications (rejected ISIR records) cannot be considered for financial assistance until corrections have been submitted to the federal processor.
- Late applications will be awarded on a funds available basis. Please note: grant funds at our disposal are limited and may not permit us to award grants to all eligible students especially those who apply late.
Federal law prohibits release of student information to any party other than the student. For further details, please review the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).