In order to receive financial assistance at Naugatuck Valley Community College, you must:
If you meet these criteria, you are eligible to complete a FAFSA now.
If you are a returning student, please note the following.
- If you have already received a degree from NVCC, you are eligible for Pell Grants and loans as long as you have not reached maximum hours status.
- If you have already obtained a bachelors’ degree from a four year institution, you are only eligible for loans.
- Financial aid will not pay twice for any course that has already received a passing grade.
If you have already applied for financial aid check your award status.
The Financial Aid Office:
- coordinates all of the financial aid that you receive
- combines your aid into a “Financial Aid Package”
- monitors and tracks your disbursements
- reimburses overpayment, if applicable.
- Student Help and College Work Study dollars will be returned to their appropriate accounts first. Loan dollars will be returned to the account, in the case of a Perkins Loan, or to the bank or loan foundation, in the case of a Stafford Loan, Unsubsidized Loan, parent Loan for Undergraduate Student, etc.
Receiving financial aid each year is not automatic. Students MUST renew their FAFSA application each year beginning on January 1st for the next aid year. Students who receive Federal Title IV aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress from semester to semester.