Complete the financial aid process as soon as possible to receive your award on time. Your online status will continue to show “unsatisfied requirements” until your file is completed and your financial aid awarded.
Once your FAFSA has been processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail. If you have provided an email address on your FAFSA, all correspondence will be sent to it.
Carefully read your SAR and follow any instructions for making corrections, if needed, and providing the Financial Aid Office with documents for verification.
Track your financial aid progress at myCommnet.edu using your NVCC Student ID number and password:
Student ID number and password for myCommnet.edu
- 1st three characters of your birth month (first letter is capitalized)
- The “&” symbol
- Last 4 digits of your social security number
If you encounter difficulty logging on to myCommNet, please contact the Records Office at 203-596-2177 for assistance. The financial aid staff is unable to assist myCommNet-related issues.
- Your financial aid award may not cover all of your tuition and fees. You should be prepared to make other financial arrangements with the Cashiers Office for the remaining outstanding balance.
- The Financial Aid Office will coordinate the types of aid that you receive, apply that aid to registration fees, when appropriate, and authorize checks to be drawn in the student’s name. The aid is combined into a “Financial Aid Package.”
- Receiving financial each year is not automatic. You must renew your FAFSA application each year beginning on January 1st. Students who receive Federal Title IV aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress from semester to semester.