Complete the financial aid process as soon as possible to receive your award on time. Your online status will continue to show “unsatisfied requirements” until your file is completed and your financial aid awarded.
Once your FAFSA has been submitted on the federal website, you will receive a confirmation email.
After your FAFSA has been processed, the government will send you a second email indicating the information has been sent to NVCC. NVCC's Financial aid office will send you an email with next steps.
If you have not provided a valid email address on your FAFSA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be mailed to you. Carefully read your SAR and follow any instructions for making corrections, if needed.
Track your financial aid progress at myCommnet.edu using your Banner ID and password:
Banner ID and password for myCommnet.edu
- 1st three characters of your birth month (first letter is capitalized)
- The “&” symbol
- Last 4 digits of your social security number
If you encounter difficulty logging on to myCommNet, please contact the Records Office at 203-596-2177 for assistance. The financial aid staff is unable to assist myCommNet-related issues.
- Your financial aid award may not cover all of your tuition and fees. You should be prepared to make other financial arrangements with the Bursar's Office for the remaining outstanding balance.
- The Financial Aid Office will coordinate the types of aid that you receive, apply that aid to registration fees, when appropriate, and authorize the aid on your student account. The aid is combined into a “Financial Aid Package.”
- Receiving financial aid each year is not automatic. You must renew your FAFSA application each year beginning on October 1. Students who receive Federal Title IV aid must maintain satisfactory academic progress from semester to semester.