Once You've Applied For Financial Aid:
Please remember that:
- There is a possibility that you may be selected for verification by the Federal government. This means you may need to submit additional documents to NVCC's Financial Aid Office to complete the award process. Please be aware, this will add more processing time to your financial aid award approval. If you have been selected for verification, you will receive emails from the Financial Aid office requesting the additional documents. You can also visit myCommnet.edu under banner self service/financial aid for more information regarding your verification status. If you are not selected for verification, you will receive an email from the Financial Aid office notifying you that you have been awarded financial aid and you can check on myCommnet.edu under banner self service/financial aid to view your award. Please note, you will need your banner id and password.
- You must make payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office at the time of registration if you have not received your financial aid award at that time. Classes can only be held for 24 hours with no financial aid or payment in place.
- Completion of the FAFSA does not guarantee that all costs incurred at Naugatuck Valley will be covered by a financial aid award. You must be prepared to make other payment arrangements with the Bursar's Office should this occur.
- Signed FAFSA applications will be processed and reviewed in the order they are received at the financial aid office. Unsigned or incomplete FAFSA applications (rejected ISIR records) cannot be considered for financial assistance until corrections have been submitted to the federal processor.
- All applications will be awarded on a funds available basis.
Federal law prohibits release of student information to any party other than the student. For further details, please review the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).