Who we are?
Members of the CCS program are new college students who want to be successful academically and to build personal relationships with faculty, staff and students during their time at NVCC. CCS students like being a part of a group. They also appreciate the hands-on help they get navigating the campus, registering for classes, studying and preparing for graduation. When they move on from NVCC, CCS students are confident and have a clear understanding of where they want to go, whether that’s right into the workforce or on to a four-year university.
What we do
CCS students receive structured academic support and engage in skill-building personal enrichment activities that help them succeed at Naugatuck Valley Community College and beyond.
As a CCS member, students:
- Are eligible to take the First Year Experience college credit course over the summer for free
- Engage in social activities, develop close friendships and feel like they are part of the community on campus
- Receive individual guidance, support and referral services on a regular basis
- Attend 1-2 monthly workshops that help them understand the resources available for their success
- Explore transfer options at four-year colleges and universities throughout the year
- Receive transfer, admission and financial aid advisement
- Are part of a cohort
- Have access to a members-only lounge.
When to join
CCS is designed for first-year NVCC students. Each academic year, 80 students are accepted into the program.Registration typically begins at the end of spring semester for those eligible for the summer portion of the program and continues into the fall semester until the program is full. Applications are taken throughout the year as spaces will sometimes become available.
Where to go
The CCS office is located in Ekstrom Hall, Room E534.
Who to contact
If you are interested in applying for the CCS program or if you would like additional information, contact Rachael DiPietro, program coordinator, at
Download an application.