Naugatuck Valley Community College supports equal opportunity in admissions, education, employment and use of facilities by prohibiting discrimination in those areas based on age, color, disability, marital status, nationality, race, religion, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Goals and objectives for Affirmative Action 2014:
- Recruit and hire any group found to be underutilized in our workforce or affected by policies or practices having adverse impact that reflect in their availability in the job market
- Opportunities be made available to all employees for training and education that are administered in an equitable manner
- Decisions involving transfer, reassignment, separation and termination be based upon job related factors and criteria and that practices which have an illegal, discriminatory impact are identified and eliminated
The Affirmative Action Advisory Committee may consider any matter appropriate to the development and implementation of the Affirmative Action Plan. The duties of this committee are to recommend and assist the Affirmative Action Officer in support of promoting Affirmative Action throughout the college.
The purpose of this committee is to provide an opportunity for the articulation of the concerns of minority and women employees and to recommend staff development programs and activities to further the goals of equal opportunity and affirmative action and to develop workshops in our efforts to educate and overcome barriers to affirmative action.
This committee is to advise where there are concerns. These concerns will be addressed during meetings to allow discussion and team work to resolve. If necessary, concerns will be put in writing with the signatures of each member and sent to the President of Naugatuck Valley Community College.
Goals of this committee include:
- provide leadership to assist our college in recruiting minority staff
- work with other individuals throughout the college to obtain a positive work environment
- bring awareness of other cultures and concerns to the college community
- support other projects within the college environment.
These goals can be attained through workshops, speakers, attendance and support of one another on the college campus.
Daisy Cocco De Filippis, Ph.D.
Naugatuck Valley Community College