What is the Honors Institute?
The Honors Institute will enable students who have demonstrated significant academic achievement to participate a rigorous course of study in order to advance their knowledge and research skills. Graduates that meet the course work will receive an Honors designation on their transcript.
Who can apply?
Full time and part time students. Applications are accepted until October 1 for the Spring semester, and April 1 for the Fall semester.
- Obtained at least 24 college credits (NVCC or transfer) with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3.
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
To graduate with Honors Distinction:
- A student must complete nine credits of Honors course work:
- Two honors by contract courses
- One capstone “Special Topics” course
- Attain a minimum 3.3 G.P.A. in each course
- Attain a minimum 3.3 GPA in the degree program
- Each HBC course will conclude with a student presentation.
What’s in it for you?
The Honors Institute affords students direct access to faculty mentoring, more independent study opportunities, and early entrance into Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Success in the Honors Institute increases transfer opportunities, gains student recognition at the Honors Showcase and commencement, and includes honor status on the student's transcript.
How to apply:
Complete the application and send to:
NVCC, Office of NVCC Honors Institute
Office of Academic Affairs K719
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, Ct 06708
Where can I get more information?
Email Robyn-Jay Bage: firstname.lastname@example.org. edu