Do you... enjoy working with people? work well under pressure? pay attention to detail? understand computers?
Consider a career in phlebotomy! The role of the phlebotomy technician has changed in health care. As a technician, you will:
- collect and prepare blood specimens for analysis
- process Medicare and insurance requirements and claims
- perform receptionist and scheduling duties
- work under the direction of the medical laboratory scientist
- acquire a basic understanding of coding and billing procedures.
You may also use sophisticated laboratory equipment to process blood specimen under the direction of a medical laboratory scientist.