To be accepted into the Respiratory Care program, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- high school diploma or equivalency
- submission of all application materials, including high school transcripts, college transcripts and respiratory care transcripts when applicable
- minimum of having completed, within the last 5 years, high school Algebra II with a grade of "C" or better AND a placement or SAT/ACT score above intermediate Algebra; OR MAT*H137 or college level equivalent with a grade of "C" or better
- BIO*H105 or BIO*H115 or BIO*H121, or equivalent within the last 5 years with a grade of "C" or better
- minimum of having completed with a "C" or better developmental English (ENG*H063 or equivalent); OR AccuPlacer test results recommending ENG*H101 English Composition; OR SAT/ACT results for either Reading or Writing at or above the score for placement into ENG*H101
- minimum GPA of 2.5 based only on the college courses with grades that meet the Respiratory Care admission and program curriculum requirements
- A clinical job shadow is strongly recommended. Click here for the job shadow form. Contact the program director for more information on how to schedule a shadow.
Apply by January 16
The application period for fall 2017 begins October 1, 2016. For more information regarding admission to the program, see the program fact sheet
If you plan on applying to the respiratory care program for Fall 2017, please click here for the admissions letter to prospective applicants.