If you enjoy working with people of all ages and you have often considered a career in a health care field then respiratory care might be the right choice for you.
When you think about a career that you would enjoy, do the following things come to mind?
- a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- interacting with people of all ages
- helping people feel better
- working with advanced technology
- experiencing a feeling or sense of accomplishment at the end of the day
- being appreciated and respected
Respiratory Therapists are important members of the health care team.
You'll care for a wide variety of patients and can be found in many areas of the hospital including:
- emergency room
- adult, pediatric and newborn intensive care units
- open heart units
- cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- air transport
There are also many opportunities for Respiratory Therapists in settings outside the hospital which include:
- home care
- medical sales
- sleep laboratories