The Radiologic Technology program prepares students to enter the imaging sciences as an educated and skilled radiographer. The program is founded on close alliances with the professional community and use of educational technology, which creates a learning environment that prepares radiographers to:
- combine efficiency and compassion when imaging patients
- practice in accordance with theoretical knowledge and essential clinical skills
- maintain high ethical standards
- strive for continued development as a professional
- commit to clinical excellence.
The following goals further support the mission statement of the program:
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate clinical competence when performing entry level imaging procedures.
- Students will exhibit professional growth & development.
- Students will combine critical thinking & problem solving skills during the performance of imaging procedures.
- The program will graduate students with entry level skills.
Student learning outcomes
- demonstrate appropriate oral communication skills
- demonstrate written communication skill
- demonstrate appropriate personal and patient radiation protection
- accurately position patients
- demonstrate professional and ethical behavior
- value the importance of continued professional development
- select technical factors when performing non-routine radiographic procedures
- choose appropriate positioning when performing non-routine radiographic procedures.