Welcome to Naugatuck Valley Community College's
Physical Therapist Assistant Program!
In keeping with the mission of the Connecticut Community Colleges, the Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program is committed to a high standard of scholarship as it educates students with the knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviors essential to the physical therapist assistant. Designed for the optimal use of clinical and educational resources across Connecticut, our program emphasis is on technology and communication to facilitate learning in the classroom and the clinic as the program endeavors to educate students who:
- strive for excellence as physical therapist assistants
- commit to high ethical standards
- appreciate and value racial, social and cultural diversity
- utilize critical reflection
- invest in community improvement
- engage in lifelong learning.