Welcome to the Connecticut Community Colleges’
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program at Naugatuck Valley Community College!
Message from the Director
In keeping with the mission of the Connecticut Community Colleges, the physical therapist assistant program is committed to a high standard of scholarship as it educates students with the knowledge, clinical skills and professional behaviors essential to the physical therapist assistant. Designed for the optimal use of clinical and educational resources across Connecticut, this education is offered through a multi-college consortium. This structure drives our emphasis on technology and communication to facilitate learning in the classroom and the clinic as the program endeavors to educate students who:
- strive for excellence as physical therapist assistants
- are committed to high ethical standards
- appreciate and value racial, social and cultural diversity
- are capable of critical reflection
- are invested in community improvement
- engage in lifelong learning.