Before being accepted into the program, you must complete the following:
- Review the PTA admission requirements and program information. Review the PTA Program Information Slide Show.
- Complete the following coursework by the fall semester you are applying to the program:
- BIO 211 (A&P I); MAT (higher than 137; 167 or 172 are recommended), ENG 101
- Math and science (BIO 211 and BIO 212 must be taken within 5 years of applying to the program)
- Submit an application to the college if you are a new student
- Provide proof of high school graduation or GED
- Prove a GPA of 2.5 or above for college work required for the degree
- Complete a PTA program application complete TEAS & College Placement Tests, as required
- Submit all application materials and the required transcripts by October 15, 2015 for admission consideration for the following spring semester. The application will be available April 2015.
* If you have graduated from high school within the past five years or taken this course for college credit, review the PTA admission requirements and program information to see if your previous coursework meets the Program's requirements.
** If you have taken courses for the PTA program more than five years ago, review the PTA admission requirements and program information to see how you can still meet the PTA application requirements.
You should also understand and agree with the PTA Program Essential Requirements, which explain our expectations of your performance of common physical therapy functions.
To apply to the PTA program through Naugatuck Valley Community College:
- Contact Noreen Cerruto, Associate Director of Admissions, for additional questions.
- Submit your applications and all necessary documents to the NVCC Admissions Department.