To be considered as an eligible applicant to the Connecticut Community College Nursing Program (CT-CCNP), you must take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and obtain a composite score of 53.3% or higher. This score will determine your rank among eligible applicants.
- is a multiple choice test that evaluates essential academic skills in math, science, reading and English
- will take 3.5 hours to complete
- may be retaken as many times as desired
- results are valid for three (3) years from the most recent date
- requires a fee
- only TEAS V scores will be accepted.
The ATI-TEAS Study Manual is available on reserve at the College Library and can also be ordered online at a cost of approximately $35.00.
To schedule a testing date:
- Go to ATI-TEAS Testing site.
- Carefully choose a date, time and place to take the test. No refunds will be given.
- Follow the on-line instructions to register. Have your Banner ID number ready. You must complete the NVCC College application in order to receive a Banner ID. If you've lost your ID number, contact the Records Office.
- Register for one location and one testing time only.
On the day of the test:
- Arrive with valid photo identification.
- Arrive on time. You will not be allowed to test if you are late.
- Do not bring calculators, cell phones, PDA’s or other personal electronic devices. They are not allowed.
- Bring the User Name and Password that you created when you registered for the test. It is required for taking the test.
- Bring you Banner ID number.
If taking the test at NVCC, you should go to the Testing Center (K519a) in Kinney Hall.