Families as Partners
Parent and family involvement is integral to the Reggio Emilia Approach. The CDC highly values parent and family involvement in the school lives of your child(ren). If there is anything you would like to share with your child’s classroom, i.e. a cultural or family tradition or recipe, please contact one of the head teachers of your child’s classroom to set up a time.
There are many avenues that families can participate in at the CDC, including:
- visiting the classroom to share talents and skills or to share family culture
- participating on field trips
- contributing to holidays, celebrations or special events
- dropping in to visit or read to the children
- participating in ongoing projects
As partners in your child(ren)'s education we honor you as members of our Family Council! The CDC FamilyCouncil meets four times per year. As a member of the council, your role would be to review policies, participate in hiring and be an overall support to the Center.
The council will consist of:
- parents from the Sensory Room
- parents from the Exploration Room
- parents from the Discovery Room
- parents from the Kindergarten of Exploration
- staff of the Child Development Center & Early Childhood Education Department
The council will meet four times per year and additionally as needed.