This certificate program recognizes the need to explore and concentrate on the introduction to relational databases and object-relational databases in a client/server environment. It considers both the distributed and centralized computing environments within an enterprise information system.
Programs such as Oracle, PowerBuilder, and Microsoft SQL Server will be used. Courses are designed to offer students immediate positions in industry and will also provide a solid foundation for continuation in our two-year associate degree in Computer Information Systems Technology.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will:
- demonstrate job knowledge in current technology, such as peer-to-peer networking, client/server applications and object-oriented programming technology
- be able to use software tools for program development
- have a basic familiarization with programming concepts, logical relationships and file structure
- demonstrate a basic understanding of relational database concepts
- be able to create network and client/server applications
- be able to develop client/server database front-ends.