Naugatuck Valley Community College has grown from a fledgling college into a vibrant resource within its 22-town service region in western Connecticut. The college thrives on community partnerships and initiatives that:
- provide hands-on learning experiences across dozens of industries, giving students of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to learn about the real world and what it takes to be successful
- work closely with each school system to deliver college courses and services to high school students
- engage community organizations and townships to reach out to younger learners and provide enrichment opportunities through the ConnCap and GEAR UP programs
- incorporate grants that help students enroll and succeed in engineering, manufacturing technology and health careers
- provide a safety net for individuals transitioning off of welfare or coping with unemployment and for new immigrants who are acculturating to the region.
These activities and others (too numerous to list!) exist because of support from companies and organizations like yours. Learn how your team can get involved by calling Sydney Voghel-Ochs, director of community engagement, at 203-575-8297 for a free consultation and discover the possibilities.
Community engagement is a win-win-win solution... Your company. Your future employees. Your community.