Naugatuck Valley Community College has grown from a fledgling college into a vibrant resource for more than 25 towns in western Connecticut. The college thrives on community partnerships that are too numerous to list and explain. Did you know that NVCC:
- provides hands-on learning experiences across dozens of industries - we give students of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to learn about the real world and what it takes to be successful
- works closely with each school system to deliver college courses and services to high school students
- engages community organizations and townships to reach out to younger learners and provide summer enrichment opportunities through the ConnCap Program and the Kids-on-Campus Program
- recieves corporate and community grants that support specific initiatives like helping Hispanic/Latina women enter into engineering, manufacturing technology or health careers
- provides a safety net for individuals transitioning off of welfare or coping with unemployment and for new immigrants who are acculturating to the region
These activities and others (too numerous to list!) exist because of support from companies and organizations like yours. Learn how your team can get involved by calling Mr. Waldemar Kostrzewa, dean of community engagement, at 203-575-8297 for a free consultation and discover the possibilities.
Community Engagement is a Win-Win-Win Solution... Your company. Your future Employees. Your Community.