Transfer Student Information

Already have college credit?

If you currently attend another college or university or have previously accumulated college credit, you'll find that most, if not all of, your courses transfer easily to NVCC.

As a transfer-in student, you can follow the same application process as new students. As soon as possible, request to have your official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office. 

What is the difference between official and unofficial transcripts?

Official Transcript is a transcript prepared by a college bearing their official seal and placed in a sealed envelope.  The transcript must be provided to us in the unopened original envelope.  If the envelope is opened by anyone other than an official at the receiving college, it is no longer considered official.

Unofficial Transcript is a record of college classes taken including grades received.  The document can be produced by the college or student, but does not have a raised college seal.  It may also be a transcript that bears the official seal, but is not in the original sealed envelope.   


How do you know whether to submit official or unofficial transcripts?

  • To apply to our allied health programs (nursing, radiology, respiratory or PTA) you must forward OFFICIAL transcripts from EVERY previous college attended.
  • To transfer to NVCC and receive credit(s) for your previous course work, send all OFFICIAL previous college transcripts. 
  • To take a course at NVCC that has a prerequisite, but do not want to transfer credits to us: send us either the unofficial or official transcript from the college where you took the prerequisite course.  Be sure the transcript indicates the final grade you received for the prerequisite course. Once we determine the course is equivalent to our prerequisite and you earned the required grade, we will  issue you a waiver so that you may register. 

*All transcripts should be sent to NVCC, Admissions.  Official transcripts must be mailed or hand delivered to 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, CT 06708.  Unofficial transcripts may be faxed to (203)596-8766 or emailed to  Please include your NVCC student ID number and phone number when sending transcripts.


Admissions Office

Admissions fax

Admissions mailing address
Naugatuck Valley Community College
Admissions Office, K500
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708