In order to receive the Form I-20, students must be admitted to NVCC and must show enough funding to pay for the first year of tuition and living expenses at Naugatuck Valley Community College.
Students need to provide the following:
- International Student Information Sheet
- Certification of Finances Application
This contains a summary of the financial resources that you will use to pay your tuition, fees and living expenses.
- Promise of Cash Support
This form should be signed by your financial sponsor and then notarized. The sponsor may also utilize USCIS Form I-134 which requires the documentation of income, property, and other asssets.
- Bank statements from your financial sponsor(s) to prove the actual availability of funds. The amount of funding required is summarized in the Certification of Finances form, found above.
- Promise of Free Room and Board
This is necessary if a local sponsor will provide you with free housing and food.
- Copy of your passport (photo and ID pages)
- Copies of your visa stamp and I-94 card (if you are already in the U.S.):
If you are applying from outside the U.S., you will need to bring these documents to the college upon your arrival.
The issuance of the Form I-20 cannot occur until the applicant has been admitted and all of the required items have been received.