More Scholarships Available:
- NASA Connecticut Space Grant Consortium has three opportunities available for NVCC students/alums for Fall 2017. Deadline: Monday, September 11 at 12:00 pm.
These opportunities are:
- $1,500 Community College Scholarship
- $5,000 Community College Transfer Scholarship for students that have already transferred to a 4-year university.
- Community College Quadcopter Challenge – Team of 5 students (must include 2 women and 1 underrepresented) with one faculty advisor. Each student receives a $1,000 stipend.
While the deadline is early in the semester this fall, do not be discouraged from applying. NVCC students have fared very well in earning these opportunities. Last spring five students received the CC Scholarship and last fall six students received the CC Scholarship. So if you are eligible, apply!
- Major in a STEM field or be able to demonstrate that your career interests relate to a STEM field. For these opportunities, NASA defines STEM broadly. If you can relate your major or interest to the goals of NASA, such as space exploration or the journey to Mars, you are eligible.
- Full-time student in the Fall 2017 semester or be part-time but completing your program requirements in the Fall 2017 semester.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- United States citizen and be able to verify this by showing a copy of a U.S. birth certificate, a U.S. Passport, a Military ID Card, or a Naturalization Certificate.
For information on how to apply for these opportunities, email Dr. Peter Angelastro, STEM Division Director. Please use Space Grant Scholarship or Internship as the subject line.
- Hartford: CT March for Science Scholarship Essay Contest is offering three (3) total one-time scholarships to students who complete their essay prompt. The first place prize winner will receive a $1,000 award. Two second place winners will receive a $500 award. Contest winners will also have their essays posted to their social media pages along with a brief bio of their academic pursuits. Click for eligibility requirements, essay prompt and form. Submit scanned materials via email to: ScienceMarchCT@gmail.com by June 30, 2017.
- Eversource Energy is providing five $2,000 scholarships to new full-time students of Naugatuck Valley Community College who are majoring in Electronic Engineering Technology. To be eligible, students must be entering the College in the Fall 2017 semester and qualify to take College Alegbra (MAT172) and English Composition (ENG101) based on placement testing or SAT/ACT scores. Students interested in applying for the scholarship are encouraged to contact NVCC STEM Enrollment/Retention Specialist Deirdre D’Amore at 203-575-8014 or Ddamore@nv.edu. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all remaining scholarships have been awarded.
- Best Hospitality Degrees Scholarship, Deadlines: November 30 and April 30 of each year. Apply
- Connecticut Association of Latinos in Higher Education Scholarship, Deadline: August 10, 2017
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program, Deadline: June 12, 2017. Apply
- The Rivera Memorial Foundation, Inc., Deadline: Friday, December 9, 2016. More information
- Transfer Scholarship Opportunities for students graduating NVCC in Spring 2017 and transferring to a 4-year institution to complete a bachelor's degree:
Fairfield County Community Foundation (FCCF) transfer scholarships. Female Family Economic Security Program (FESP) students who will graduate NVCC with a GPA of at least a 3.0, a record of campus service or activity, and a plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year university or college. Proof of application or acceptance may be required, and we hope that applicants will apply well in advance of receipt of tuition payment deadlines. We encourage applicants to attend college full-time, but they must enroll in at least three-quarters college classes each semester to maintain their scholarship eligibility. 2 FESP students will be eligible for Pasculano Transfer Scholarships in Calendar Year 2017; another 2 FESP students will be eligible for Pasculano Transfer Scholarships in Calendar Year 2018. Amount of scholarship award: Up to $5,000 in a scholarship grant, per year, for 2 years. Fairfield County Community Foundation (FCCF) will pay the grant directly to the four-year college/university, for the benefit of the student. Uses of scholarship award: Tuition; residential living expenses/fees; transportation; campus fees; books and course materials. FCCF will pay the grant directly to the four-year college/university For eligibility and other details, download the application. Deadline to apply is March 21, 2017.
President to President Scholarships. Each year NVCC graduates who meet certain eligibility requirements, can apply for a number of President to President Scholarships in order to assist them as they pursue their education at one of the four year colleges or universities listed below:
- Central Connecticut State University
- Charter Oak State College
- Eastern Connecticut State University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Western Connecticut State University
- University of Connecticut Waterbury
- University of Hartford
- NVCC is also offering a Connecticut Community College Partner Scholarship to The University of Saint Joseph.
All portfolios are due by 5:00 pm on February 24, 2017 and must be delivered to room K520 to be considered. Late portfolios will not be accepted. To check on eligibility, requirements and details, please download the application.
- All-USA & All Connecticut Acadmeic Team (and five other) FALL TRANSFER Scholarships,Deadline: December 1, 2016 5:00 pm. Apply (This common application offers seven scholarship opportunities.)