First-time students must meet with a counselor before registering for courses.
If you have taken courses at NVCC before, you are encouraged to meet with the advisor assigned to your major for guidance, but it is not required.
A number of our classes are offered online. Learn more before you sign up or if you're ready, register now through MyCommnet.edu:
MyCommNet allows students to register from any computer anywhere, at any time. If you are not comfortable using a computer or need assistance, come to Room K522 in Kinney Hall and someone will help you get started.
To register for a class online follow these steps:
- Go to MyCommNet.
- Click on the Student tab.
- Click on the Student Self-Service channel.
- Select the college where the class is offered.
- Click on Registration and Payment.
- Click on Register (add/drop) Classes.
- Select term then submit.
- Click on View Schedule at the bottom of the page to confirm registration.
- Follow prompts to initiate payment
If you have questions or concerns contact the registrar.