Office of the Registrar

Records Intro

Save time with these online services

Log in to MyCommNet to:

  • search and register for classes
  • view your class schedule, grades, academic history and account status
  • obtain Enrollment Verifications
  • apply for graduation
  • request your official transcript

Forget your NetID or Password?

Forms and Documents

Click to download official College forms.

Graduation Application

Readmission Form

Petition for Legal Name Change

Request for Usage of a Preferred First Name or Used Name

Change Request Form

Change your student status
(non-degree to degree)

Request an official or unofficial NVCC transcript

Download, print and
return your form to the Office of the Registrar.

Contact Information
Office of the Registrar
203-596-2177 (p)
203-575-8085 (f)
Room: K516
750 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Staff Listing

Register for Courses

First-time students must meet with a counselor before registering for courses.

If you have taken courses at NVCC before, you are encouraged to meet with the advisor assigned to your major for guidance, but it is not required.

A number of our classes are offered online. Learn more before you sign up or if you're ready, register now through

myCommNet allows students to register from any computer anywhere, at any time. If you are not comfortable using a computer or need assistance, come to Room K522 in Kinney Hall and someone will help you get started.

If you have questions or concerns contact the registrar.

Late Start Classes

Late Start classes are available in the fall and spring semesters for students who do not meet the application or registration deadlines of the general term.


When do classes begin?

Check the academic calendar for semester updates.

When can I register?

Registration dates are available on the admissions Web page.

How do I request a transcript?

Transcripts are available electronically and in paper form. Please view the options for requesting a transcript.

How do I search for classes?

You may search for classes by logging in to  Click Search for Course Offerings.

When are grades available?

Semester grades will be available on myCommnet approximately one week after the exam period. If you cannot access the web, contact the Office of the Registrar to request a grade report. Your request must be in writing and include your Student ID number and/or social security number.

When can I withdraw from classes?

Students will be permitted to withdraw from courses with a "W" notation no later than 2 weeks preceding the last Monday- Friday regularly scheduled class day. Check the academic calendar for an exact date.

How can I obtain a verification of enrollment certificate?

Log in to myCommNet, click Banner Self-Service, select the STUDENT RECORDS button on the main menu, select the Enrollment Verification Request menu box and follow the prompts. Enrollment Verifications are available approximately three weeks after the start of each semester.

How can I complete an Academic Evaluation?

  1. Go to
  2. Log in with your student ID and password
  3. Click Student Tab
  4. Select Student Self Service - at bottom of page to access your Student/Academic Records
  5. Select your college (if applicable or go to next step)
  6. Select Student Records
  7. Click on Student Degree Evaluations
  8. Select Current Term>Submit
  9. Select "What If Analysis"
  10. Select>Entry Term>Continue
  11. Select Program>Continue
  12. Select First Major>Submit
  13. Select Evaluation Term>Submit
  14. Generate Request
  15. Select Detail Requirements>Submit

Note: Online academic progress evaluations are "unofficial."  Please consult your academic advisor.  Official audits wil be completed by the Records Office after application for graduation is received.

What is Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)?

Your FERPA rights are available online via the Office of the Registrar.

How do I reset my PIN?

The IT department offers a number of ways for you to reset your pin number.

Requesting a Transcript


NEW! NVCC now offers the ability to obtain official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscrips to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers or any other appropriate entities.

Current and Recent Students: Students who have been issued a NetID and password should log in to myCommNet, navigate to Banner Self-Service, Student Records and click on the Request an Official eTranscript link. If you do not remember your NetID or password, please use the online self-help tools to obtain your NetID or reset your NetID password.

Former Students: Students who have not been issued a NetID, please use Parchment Storefront to submit an official eTranscript request. Please ensure that your last name, first name, date of birth and last four digits of your SSN are entered correctly so that your request can be processed in a timely manner.

Transcript Request Form: Current and former students who prefer to submit a paper form to request a transcript, please download and submit the Transcript Request Form to the Registrar's Office.

Thinking about withdrawing from a course?

Thinking about withdrawing from a course?

Know your options. Weigh the consequences. Follow the proper steps.

Know your options.

Common reasons for withdrawing from courses and where you can turn for help:

Reason Where to Get Help
illness instructor
serious illness Dean of Students
difficult courses ACE Center
child care Child Development Center
finances Financial Aid Office
work schedule conflict instructor or counselor
too many courses counselor
excessive absences instructor or counselor
personal problems instructor or counselor


Deciding whether to stay in a course or withdraw is an important decision and there are many factors to consider in making your choice. Before you withdraw, you should talk to your instructor about your current progress in the course and explore appropriate alternatives to withdrawal, such as receiving an incomplete grade (I) or making special arrangements to complete your assignments. Then, meet with your academic advisor or a counselor to discuss the information you received from your instructor along with your reasons for why you want or need to withdraw.

Weigh the consequences.

Important information to know about NVCC’s grading system:

Withdrawal (W) Student Initiated: Students have the right to formally leave a course or the College and the right to receive counseling and assistance in order to maintain enrollment in courses. Students are advised that course withdrawal may alter progress toward program completion. Students are strongly encouraged to discuss their decisions with their instructor, counselor or advisor.

Incomplete (I): At the discretion of the instructor, the notation “I” may be assigned if a student, for extenuating circumstances, has not completed all course requirements. Usually, an “I” would be changed to a letter grade by the end of the next semester; however, the instructor has the option of establishing the completion date. If a grade change is not submitted to the Records Office by the instructor by the end of the semester following that in which the “I” was assigned, the “I” will be converted to an “F.”

It is important to know that courses from which you withdraw are not counted or audited as part of your academic load when full-time or part-time status is reported to the following:

    • Financial Aid Office
    • an employer
    • a health insurance carrier
    • Immigration and Naturalization Service
    • Department of Veterans Affairs.


No refund of tuition will be granted for either full-time or part-time students beyond the 14th calendar day of courses.

Installment Plan students may still owe a balance and should contact the Cashier’s Office first to determine the effect on your balance.

Financial aid /loan students may be subject to a financial aid award reduction. This can result in you owing money to the College. You must contact the Financial Aid Office in person or by calling 203-575-8008 before you reduce your course load.

Learn more info and important dates for NVCC's refund policy.

Follow the proper steps.

A registered student wishing to withdraw from a course must submit a withdrawal request, in writing, to the Office of the Registrar. Requests must be received by the deadline within the withdrawal period. The effective date of withdrawal is the date the withdrawal is received. Withdrawals can be made in person, by mail or online through your student account at Visit your instructor, academic advisor or a counselor to discuss your withdrawal from a course.

  1. Students who plan to withdraw from any courses must also report to the Financial Aid Office for counseling prior to the actual course withdrawal.
  2. Be aware of the last day to initiate your withdrawal. View the refund policy online or visit the Office of the Registrar.


myCommNet Announcement

myCommNet has been upgraded!

It's now easier to access and easier to navigate – from your desktop, tablet or phone. Check out a video tour of the new enhancements and view myCommNet Frequently Asked Questions for step-by-step instructions for the most common requests. If you experience problems logging on, please contact the IT Department Help Desk at 203-575-8092.

About the Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar maintains the permanent academic records of all current students and former graduates.

We also maintain, interpret and monitor academic policy and procedures for students, faculty and administrative staff.

Mission Statement

The Office of the Registrar is committed to support the success of the students at NVCC. We support the academic programs of Naugatuck Valley Community College by providing the highest level of customer service to all students (current and former), faculty, and staff in a manner that recognizes diversity, individuality and respect. We maintain and ensure the integrity, security, accuracy and privacy of all academic records while complying with all federal, state and college regulations and policies.