Faculty seeking approval for a new General Education course must follow this process:
Approval Process for New General Education Courses
- New courses applying to GEACC for General Education must first seek approval from the Curriculum and Educational Affairs Committee (CEAC).* Note that clicking on this link will require you to log in with your Net ID and Password.
- The CEAC chair will convey the names and numbers of all new courses seeking General Education status to GEACC.
- Upon CEAC approval, GEACC will review the 11 General Education Competencies and Outcomes to choose the appropriate competency/ies for your course.
- You will need to download and complete application(s) for the competency/ies designated for your course.
- If you are applying for approval under designated competencies, ensure that your course has learning outcomes that match all outcomes listed for each competency.
- If you are applying for approval under embedded competencies (i.e. Written Communication, Ethics, or Critical Analysis/Logical Thinking), ensure that your course outcomes match at least one of the outcomes listed for each competency.
- Submit completed applications to Ron Picard, GEACC chair: email@example.com.
- GEACC will add the new course to the list of approved courses on the GEACC website and in the college catalog.
Please note: Student performance on Competency Outcomes will be periodically assessed within all courses approved for General Education.