Students must successfully complete the following credit courses with a grade of “C” or better
||Principles of Finance
||Money and Banking
||Principles of Financial Management
|One elective to be chosen from:
||Real Estate Law
|Total Credit Hours
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Chair of the Management Department.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business finance including financial planning, long and short-term financing, fixed assets management, and management of long-term debt.
- Identify strategies and practices in government and consumer financing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of monetary, fiscal and debt management policies of government.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic analytical techniques, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Identify the basic concepts of Asset Management and be able to provide an overview of Liability-and Deposit-Management as relates to the financial services industry.
- Identify techniques for managing working capital and demonstrate knowledge of the capital budgeting process.
- Provide an understanding of how the United States economic system is organized, how it functions and how it impacts the global economy.
- Identify the major goals and functions of financial management.
- Understand the principle components of financial analysis in all levels of the business organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interrelationships between Finance and all other areas within a business, including working with other departments to achieve overall strategic goals.