Terms of Submission
Who: Anyone may submit; only NVCC students eligible for awards.
What: Previously unpublished work in three categories: poetry prose, graphic image will be considered. (We will consider submissions that are in any subgenre of these categories: flash fiction, memoir, nonfiction, comics, photos, etc.) Pieces may consider any theme or topic. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but notification of acceptance elsewhere is required.
- You may submit no more than five total pieces.
- You may submit no more than three pieces in any single category.
- Prose submissions are limited to a TOTAL word count of 1,500.
When: Submissions are accepted any time. Deadline for each annual edition is March 1.
Where: email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How: All submissions must be emailed as separately attached files. In the email, include your name, address, email address, and phone number, as well as titles of submitted work(s). NVCC students must also include student ID # to be eligible for prizes. Files should be formatted as such:
- Text files as Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format files.
- Only title and text should appear in document itself, no names or contact information.
- Graphics should be in high resolution .jpg or .pdf format.
- File names should match titles.
Improperly formatted submissions may not be considered. Fresh Ink reserves the right to reformat/edit submissions as needed.
Student Prizes: All NVCC students who provide student ID # are eligible for awards in each of three categories.
For more information contact Prof. Greg Harding at 203-596-8763 or email@example.com.